Wednesday, August 17, 2005

#3

I ask though I know I
am only one-of-many
for love
to be noticed in leaves and fragrant needles
cradling raindrops, waking ocean of
warm sheets, holy breath of
awareness that each is one-of-many,
one-of-many

moving
re-creating dying fearing
saving primitive bewildered
choosing ancient filament notion
calmly spreading and surviving for the
moment as if each flagrant decision affected
only these short days one-and-one-and-one until
the dark pierces thought and silences the
petulant ego

what I know changes with
heartbeats, collides with doubt,
hopes for redemption, remains quiet
mostly, but my eyes can’t
hold it in and betray what is real

what I know is that my hands touching
yours, hold sand and star, then now then, clutch my
own heart fiercely and remind just this
one-of-many that we live
and die together, not alone

No comments: